Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Javier A. Brown for CDG President

Fellow Democrats,

November 2nd was a cold rainy night in Georgia filled
with sorrow. I along with many of you were
discouraged. However on November 3rd, I woke up and
remembered that the sun will shine again. As
democrats we must continue to fight. We must continue
to fight for health care for All Americans. We must continue to fight
for equal opportunities for all. We must continue to fight against the
destruction of social security. Allow me the opportunity to fight
with you.
Today I ask for your support in my quest to become
your next College Democrats of Georgia president. My
experience, vision, and energy will lead our
organization to do great things.
I am currently a junior English/ Pre-Law Major at Morehouse
College. I have served College Democrats of America in various ways on a
state, local, and national level. On the summer of 2004, I assisted in
organizing a trip to take 50 students from Atlanta to Boston for the
Democratic National Convention. Last year, I also served as an Intern for
Denise Majette's US Senate Campaign. These were eye opening experiences
that further enhanced my dedication to the democratic party and this
organization.
We must continue to improve communication by effectively
integrating our e-chapters system throughout the state. My vision is to work
with every chapter so that we may have "College Dems Day" On campuses
throughout Georgia where local, state, and
national leaders come to the campus to energizestudents.
The campaign for 2006 begins today so we must begin working to
take back the State House, Senate, and the Governor's mansion!! Below you
will find a short resume outline my experience that show that I am
qualified to serve you. I look forward to seeing you
in Savannah and ask for you to vote Javier A. Brown, President, College
Democrats of Georgia; Working with You for a Better Georgia.


***MY EXPERIENCE***

2003-2004, Secretary Atlanta University Center (AUC) College Dems
2004, Vice President AUC College Dems,
2004, Campus Coordinator, Students for Kerry
2004, Intern, Denise Majette for US Senate
2004-present, Member, Morehouse College NAACP
Political Action Committee
2004-present, Member, Morehouse College SGA Political
Action Taskforce
2004-present, Acting President, AUC College Dems
2004-Present, Communications Director, College
Democrats of Georgia
2005, Host Committee, 375-CDA Fundraiser
2005, Black Caucus Chair, College Democrats of America

Thanks,

Javier A. Brown
southerndemocratjab@yahoo.com

No comments: