Monday, November 20, 2006

Sonny Perdue for President????

At the end of the 2004 elections, I read an interesting article ( I must have deleted it because now I can't find it) about Perdue running for President in 2008. Now you have right winged blogs and the AJC discussing the possibility of Perdue in '08. I really believe Perdue is going to run so my questions are:
1. How long is it before we hear his announcement?

2. Do you think he has a chance of winning the nomination?

There are 2 things that really stick out that make me think he is going to run. He made at least 1 trip to Iowa during the campaign and just weeks before the election he was visiting the church of the Head Neo-con In Charge, Jerry Falwell. He's also taken the ethanol pledge I think that it would suck for Dems in Georgia if he runs and gets the nomination, vp nomination, or campaigns heavily for the nominee. I think he has a great shot at winning the nomination. At this point, he is the anti-McCain and Guliani and Bill Frist screwed up with the Right over the stem cell debate. Before anyone starts, I have seen comments on other blogs and i declare may a virus that causes your computer explode strike anyone if they comment about people from the South being intellectually challenged.

1 comment:

scarface7 said...

Hi, I'm glad that you addressed two things. One, those of us from the south are not stupid, contrary to what some from other portions of the country would like to believe. Second, I think that Sonny would be likely to win the nomination as well. I hope that he runs for it. He has a lot to offer from both a leadership and a policy standpoint. I think that the positions that he has adopted in GA are derived from a solid conservative core on the inside, and I think that he would govern that way if he became the president. He is a good man. People can disagree with him on policy issues, certainly, but he is one of the few politicians out there who stands on solid conservative ground from a principled inner core.