Monday, November 13, 2006

My Post Election Blog

The election came with mixed emotions. Democrats did great Nationally but in Georgia some things were a little disappointing. On the bright side all statewide Democratic incumbents won with the exception of public service commissioner David Burgess and he is in a runoff. John Eaves was elected chair of the Fulton county commission and Robb Pitts retained his seat on the commission as well. We didn't lose any US House Seats either. The State House and the State Senate races weren't horrible either. We didn't take them back of course but it wasn't a complete butt kicking.

I am proud at some of our candidates and I tip my hat to them. To Jim Martin, you ran one hell of a race. I was disappointed to see you lose but I feel good knowing that your campaign gave their all.

To Denise Majette, after reading your emails, I understand the problems that happened and cannot blame you for some of the shortcomings of the campaign.

To the State Party, particularly Pat, Annie, and Tahir. I understand the hard work you all put in this season and no matter what anyone else says I think you all did a great job. After all, you aren't miracle workers and it will take time to rebuild the party. We really can't expect huge victories over night. To the DCCC, I saw all of the independent expenditures that you all made on behalf of John Barrow and Jim Marshall and thank you for investing in Georgia.

To the statewide candidates that won, Congratulations! You are our party and now it rests on your shoulders.

To all of the new Dems in the House and Senate, good luck better you than me in that type of environment.

To Alisha Thomas-Morgan, thank you for being who you are and standing up against many people for what is right. I listened to you on WAOK on Election Day and I don't think I could have articulated my views any better than you did.

To those who blame Cathy Cox for Mark Taylor's defeat, I think you should take a look at GA election law and realize that her hands were tied and anyway how can one person be responsible for a defeat like that, let's be real the big guy lost in a big way we just need to suck it up and move on.

To the College Dems in the AUC, thanks for your hard work on the campaign invasion in Harold Ford, we worked hard and played hard.

In closing I must say it feels great to be a Democrat and I must leave you with a quote from Congresswoman Cynthia Mckinney's Concession Speech "Electronic Voting is a threat to our Democracy"

No comments: